Kingo application is compatible with Windows computers and should be downloaded on desktop or laptop device. You also need to have access to the target phone and a USB-cable to connect it to the computer. The overall process will take not more than 15 minutes.
Enter the web-site kingoapp.com and click on Android Root-> Download from FTP on Kingo. It should start downloading automatically. If not – click on ‘restart download’. The file is called ‘adnroid_root.exe’. Please install the app, after installation the icon ‘Kingo Android ROOT’ will appear. Double click on it and the window of the app will open.
Connect the target phone to the computer with a USB-cable. After you connect it, check please if there are any pop-ups on the screen of the phone (sometimes it offers you to choose the type of connection – Media transfer, Charge, etc. Select one of them)
Kingo will try to download USB-drivers for the device that is going to be rooted. Sometimes it fails to download them or it takes much time. That’s why we recommend you to install drivers manually. You can find them in the web by typing a request in a Google search. (Samsung USB-drivers, HTC drivers etc. ) Also you can use specific application to sync the phone such as Samsung Kies, LG PC Suite.
After the device is properly connected, a button Root will appear on the screen. Click on it and wait for a while. The phone will restart several times, and after it is rooted you will see a notification on the screen. Please do not disconnect the device during the process.
After successfully rooting the application KingUser will be installed on the target phone automatically. All you need is to Grant permissions to all other apps that require root access.
In order to root the phone please download Kingroot application and install it on the device
Once Kingroot is installed follow next steps:
Your target phone should have at least 30-40 percent of battery to perform the rooting process. You need to have access to the Windows based computer and USB cabel.
1.: Please, download and install Samsung USB Driver (click to download) or SmartSwitch (click to download) on your computer. If Samsung USB driver is already installed on your computer, you may skip this step. (you can also check this link to find Driver for your device: http://androidxda.com/download-samsung-usb-drivers )
2. Check exact model of your phone with all letters and numbers (e.g. SM-G900F) and Android version. Download and extract the root files on your computer http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/. You should see folder like this one:
3.: Now, please, switch OFF your Samsung
4. After Switching-off the phone, you need to boot into download mode:
Please, press and hold volume down + home + power button for 5-10 seconds at the same time. Until you see “Download mode” is active.
5. In the Download mode you will be able to see a Warning Yellow Triangle Sign. In this situation you have to press the Volume Up button to continue.
6. Please, go to the Root folder on your computer and find there Odin. Right click on it and choose “Run as Administrator”.
7.Please, connect your target device, to your computer via USB.
8.Once you have connected the Smartphone to the computer, Odin will automatically recognize the device and show “Added” message at the lower-left panel.
9. Once your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA/AP button and select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file (you have downloaded this file in Step 2)
10. Now, please, click on the Start button in Odin to begin the Flashing.
11 Flashing usually takes 30-50 seconds to complete the rooting process on your target device. Once Rooting process is completed you will be able to see a Green Box with “Pass” written on it in Odin.
During this process, your device will re-boot automatically, please do not worry! That is fine!
12. Once you see, the Pass message in Odin, you can disconnect your device from the computer.
The device should be rooted now. In case there is no application called SuperSu on the phone please install it from the Google Play store – SuperSu by Chainfire.